Thermal Hydraulics Manager
We are looking for a Thermal-hydraulics Analyst to collaborate to Lead Fast Reactor basic design, with a focus on the thermal hydraulic components and safety assessment activities.
He/she will work in strict coordination with the other scientific and engineering departments.
- Designs, models, and analyses thermal hydraulic systems, with particular emphasis on 1D steady-state and transient modelling of nuclear reactor primary and secondary cooling systems, both in normal and off-normal conditions
- Performs code validation and benchmarking activities
- Performs engineering analysis, which can include thermal, fluid, safety, manufacturability, and costs
- Collaborates cross-functionally to define design requirements, and provides technical feedback to quick-iterating design teams
- Couples systems-level analyses with high fidelity thermal-hydraulic analyses (e.g., CFD)
- Documents activities using modern tools and techniques, and write well-written, thoughtful technical reports
- MSc in Nuclear Engineering (Master or PhD is a plus)
- Fluent Italian and English
- Good knowledge of design and analysis principles for large or complex thermal-hydraulic systems
- Understanding of analytical techniques and relevant design codes
- Experience with at least one of the 1D system thermal-hydraulic codes typically used for nuclear reactor safety assessment
- Ability to participate in team meetings and give technical presentations
- Great mathematical and analytical skills
- Experience with thermal hydraulic engineering principles and multi-physics analysis methods for engineering applications, particularly as they relate to power systems.