Reports to (Job Title):
Head of Power Generation System
To collaborate to the Lead Fast Reactor (LFR) design activities for experimental facilities and balance of plant, focusing on design aspects related to electrical activities.
- Perform electrical engineering in all project phase.
- Carry out feasibility studies, conceptual design, basic and front-end design, detail engineering and design.
- Develop internal standards and specific design criteria for electrical engineering.
- Prepare electrical specification for packages, electrical user lists, electrical calculations, cable lists, equipment lists.
- Develop specifications, datasheets, material requisition of generators, circuit breakers, switchgear, UPS, Emergency Generators, transformers, cables.
- Develop and review discipline material quantity estimates.
- Design and selection of electrical motors, MV/LV panels, variable speed drive systems, rotating machines drives, transformers, generators.
- Prepare electrical single line diagrams, wiring diagrams, electrical rooms and substations layout.
- Define earthing requirements, design of electrical auxiliary systems.
- Apply international standards for network synchronization of electrical generators.
- Managing electrical calculations and analyses of power consumption and electrical communications.
- Coordinate assigned work with other technical personnel as directed.
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary engineering teams
- Participates in and fosters a work environment that is based upon openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
Key Performance Indicators
Timely management of key deliverables and tasks respecting deadlines with high quality output.
Degree in Electrical or Electronic Engineering / Master or PhD is a plus
Fluent Italian and English
Experience / Professional requirements
- 5 years’ experience in electrical engineering of industrial plants. Experience in power or nuclear plants is a plus
- Strong understanding of electrical safety including application of BS 7671.
- Thorough knowledge of discipline engineering techniques, the design of engineered systems, and engineering and design calculations.
- Understanding of industry regulatory codes and standards and design criteria pertinent to the electrical engineering discipline.
- Experience with electric schematic tools.
- Knowledge of tools for electric studies and simulations for networks and electro-mechanic studies with simulation tools.
- Knowledge of engineering cycle for development of feasibility, basic design, FEED, detailed engineering, commissioning, and start-up
- Good knowledge of design and analysis principles for large or complex systems