Reports to (Job Title):
Chief Information Officer
The Data and BI Architect role is a senior position within Newcleo and is the authority for Newcleos data architecture. The role is responsible for ensuring that as Newcleo grows that it has the right data architecture to realise its digital ambitions and is also be responsible for the development of a Business Intelligence and Analytics framework to put accurate and current data to the people who need to make business decisions.
- Design the pillars for Data Governance, Metadata Management, Master Data Management, Data Quality, Data Warehousing, Sourcing and Staging of data, BI, Advanced Analytics and R&D in close alignment with business functions and enterprise Information management.
- Create and manage Data and analytics architecture, processes, and solutions.
- Overall responsibility of the technology decisions for data & analytics platforms.
- Responsible for strategic roadmaps that describe the journey to target state for all Data & Analytics domains.
- Responsible for implementation of the data quality strategy.
- Reviewing maturity of high-level designs and implementations to ensure quality, coherence and consistency.
- Deliver standards & patterns, controls on how the organisation would like to deploy services in a standard & repeatable way.
- Help resolve competing priorities between stakeholder groups by facilitating stakeholder discussions, and escalate issues where appropriate.
- Ensuring simplicity is designed into our future growth in systems architecture design.
- Support and steer delivery teams as they develop, test, and deploy solutions.
Experience / Professional requirements
- The candiate must have proven experience and able to work independently.
- Ability to effectively communicate, present and articulate strategies across various audiences especially with non-technical business functions
- Strong drive to get things done in a complex and changing environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
- Understanding and knowledge of system development life cycle methodologies (such as agile software development, rapid prototyping, incremental, synchronize and stabilize, and DevOps)
- Ability to estimate the financial impact of technology alternatives in terms of benefit and cost
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of existing, new and emerging technologies that enable and drive new business designs and models
- Background in complex, highly regulated industries is preferred.
- Background of working in international teams is preferred.