Reports to (Job Title):
Head of Power Generation System
To collaborate to the Lead Fast Reactor (LFR) design activities focusing on design aspects related to concrete, foundations, steel structures and supporting of steam / condensate cycle, buildings, utilities, and water treatment.
- Perform civil engineering in all project phases.
- Carry out feasibility studies, conceptual design, basic and front-end design, detail engineering and design.
- Develop of internal standards and specific design criteria for civil engineering.
- Design and calculate foundations and supporting structures for equipment and piping.
- Design and calculate industrial buildings for steam turbines, emergency diesel generators, electrical substations, control rooms, warehouses, and nuclear island.
- Participate to layout engineering.
- Coordinate CAD designers, drafters and modelers.
- Develop civil design interfacing the nuclear island team.
- Perform finite element analysis.
- Prepare 3D model, MTO, material requisitions.
- Participate to 3D model reviews, layout reviews, design reviews and technical meetings.
- Preparation of Technical Specification, Datasheet, Technical queries, Technical Bid, Analysis (TBA) of the various Supplier’s offers.
- Collaborate to the identification of breakthrough solutions to the most complex civil challenges.
- Write and review design criteria and analysis assessment reports.
- Develop testing processes and perform testing and validation of new designs.
- Coordinate assigned work with other technical personnel as directed.
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary engineering teams.
- Participates in and fosters a work environment that is based upon openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
Degree in Civil Engineering / Master or PhD is a plus
Fluent Italian and English
Experience / Professional requirements
- 5 years’ experience in civil design of industrial plants. Experience in power or nuclear plants is a plus
- Use of CAD, 3D models and structural analysis codes such as Ansys
- Knowledge of engineering cycle for development of feasibility, basic design, FEED, detailed engineering, commissioning and start-up
- Good knowledge of design and analysis principles for large or complex systems
- Understanding of analytical techniques and relevant design codes
- Ability to participate in team meetings and give technical presentations