Reports to (Job Title):
Head of Power Generation System
To collaborate to the Lead Fast Reactor (LFR) design activities focusing on design aspects related to concrete, foundations, steel structures and supporting of steam / condensate cycle, buildings, utilities, and water treatment.
- Perform civil engineering in all project phases.
- Carry out feasibility studies, conceptual design, basic and front-end design, detail engineering and design.
- Develop of internal standards and specific design criteria for civil engineering.
- Design and calculate foundations and supporting structures for equipment and piping.
- Design and calculate industrial buildings for steam turbines, emergency diesel generators, electrical substations, control rooms, warehouses, and nuclear island.
- Participate to layout engineering.
- Coordinate CAD designers, drafters and modelers.
- Develop civil design interfacing the nuclear island team.
- Perform finite element analysis.
- Prepare 3D model, MTO, material requisitions.
- Participate to 3D model reviews, layout reviews, design reviews and technical meetings.
- Preparation of Technical Specification, Datasheet, Technical queries, Technical Bid, Analysis (TBA) of the various Supplier’s offers.
- Collaborate to the identification of breakthrough solutions to the most complex civil challenges.
- Write and review design criteria and analysis assessment reports.
- Develop testing processes and perform testing and validation of new designs.
- Coordinate assigned work with other technical personnel as directed.
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary engineering teams.
- Participates in and fosters a work environment that is based upon openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
Key Performance Indicators
Timely management of key deliverables and tasks respecting deadlines with high quality output.
Degree in Civil Engineering / Master or PhD is a plus
Fluent Italian and English
Experience / Professional requirements
- 5 years’ experience in civil design of industrial plants. Experience in power or nuclear plants is a plus
- Use of CAD, 3D models and structural analysis codes such as Ansys
- Knowledge of engineering cycle for development of feasibility, basic design, FEED, detailed engineering, commissioning and start-up
- Good knowledge of design and analysis principles for large or complex systems
- Understanding of analytical techniques and relevant design codes
- Ability to participate in team meetings and give technical presentations