To collaborate to the LFR basic design and safety assessment activities, focusing on system thermal hydraulic aspects.
- Designs, models, and analyses thermal hydraulic systems, with particular emphasis on 1D steady-state and transient modelling of nuclear reactor primary and secondary cooling systems, both in normal and off-normal conditions
- Performs code validation and benchmarking activities
- Performs engineering analysis, which can include thermal, fluid, safety, manufacturability, and costs
- Collaborates cross-functionally to define design requirements, and provides technical feedback to quick-iterating design teams
- Couples systems-level analyses with high fidelity thermal-hydraulic analyses (e.g., CFD)
- Documents activities using modern tools and techniques, and write well-written, thoughtful technical reports
Timely management of key deliverables and tasks respecting deadlines with high quality output.
Education: Degree in Nuclear Engineering or Nuclear Physics
Master or PhD is a plus
Languages: Fluent Italian and English
Experience / Professional requirements:
• Good knowledge of design and analysis principles for large or complex thermal-hydraulic systems
• Understanding of analytical techniques and relevant design codes
• Experience with at least one of the 1D system thermal-hydraulic codes typically used for nuclear reactor safety assessment
• Ability to participate in team meetings and give technical presentations
• Great mathematical and analytical skills
• Experience with thermal hydraulic engineering principles and multi-physics analysis methods for engineering applications, particularly as they relate to power systems.
• Competency with modern software engineering practices and programming languages.