We are looking for System Engineers who will collaborate to Lead Fast Reactor basic design activities, focusing on system and operational aspects.
- From the conceptual design of an LFR reactor, establish the “process diagrams” of the nuclear plant (including the BOP and auxiliaries).
- Defining the operation of the plant and the regulations and protection logics.
- Deliverables will consist of technical notes describing the operation of the plant and process diagrams (including components and instrumentation).
- Performs engineering analysis of the plant by numerical simulation to provide the transients analysis for all DBA’s (design basis accidents). This analysis is oriented to verify compliance with safety constraints (contribution to safety analysis) and to prepare the technical specifications of the components (contribution to procurement)
- The definitions of the “elementary systems” necessary for the operation of the plant. These systems will be defined on the base of the engineering analysis and process specifications as lead purification. In collaboration with the “safety and licensing” group, the identification of the systems that ensure the fundamental safety functions and which must therefore comply with the IAEA standards.
- Deliverables will consist of technical notes describing the systems and their operation and providing the operating conditions necessary for the dimensioning of the components and others operational information necessary to the preparation of the procurement specifications.
- MSc in Nuclear Engineering (Master or PhD is a plus)
- Fluent Italian andEnglish
- Good knowledge of design and analysis principles for large or complex systems
- Ability to participate in team meetings and give technical presentations
- Experience with multi-physics analysis methods for engineering applications, particularly as they relate to power systems.
- Experience with multi-physics simulation codes (RELAP. CATHARE, MATLAB/SIMULINK,………)
- Experience with regulation systems