We are looking for a System Administrator Manager to maintain, upgrade and manage the UK installation of business software, hardware, and networks.
The role requires an aptitude to intervene autonomously and quickly, maintaining, in any moment, an effective coordination with the corporate management.
The candidate should be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly. (S)he should also have the patience to communicate with a variety of interdisciplinary teams and users.
The goal of candidate is to ensure that our technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently, effectively communicate to the Cheif Information Offier (CIO) the needs for the evolution of IT systems, the requests of the users and the problems that will arise.
The first level support to users is included in the work duties, this implies the necessary ability to interact with users in a correct and effective way.
- Install and configure software and hardware
- Configure user accounts and computers
- Monitoring and maintaining networks and servers
- Monitoring and maintaining user’s computers and other technology tools, like the smartphone, in use to the users
- Upgrading, installing, and configuring new hardware and software to meet company objectives
- Monitor performance and maintain systems based on company requirements and policies
- Troubleshoot problems and outages
- Ensure data security and environmental security by configuring and controlling backups as a priority of their role
- Consistantly align with the company’s IT procedures, policies and technologies applied and in use in the company
- Ensure effective coordination with the Director of IT Operations
- Working closely with other department Managers to assess the growth needs and maintenance of the company’s network
- Train employees in local markets on IT software use/ best practice
- Take part in professional training courses when needed or required to perform their duties effectively
- Reporting to the executive monthly a complete overview of the situation, of the roadblock and problems with system and users
- Proven experience as a system administrator. Experience of at least 8 years in a similar role is required
- Degree in computer science, information technology, information systems or equivalent experience
- Extensive experience with IT systems, networks, and related technologies
- Solid knowledge of best practices in IT administration and systems security
- Familiarity with various operating systems and platforms. Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac OS and VMware virtual environment are mandatory
- Personal interest in technologies and a personal aptitude for technological and scientific investigation is an element of value
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Organizational and time management skills
- Experience or knowledge of NIST, ISO27001 and ITILv4 frameworks is a plus
- Experience or knowledge of programming languages is a plus
- Experience with the Fortinet security environment is a plus
- Experience in analysing and understanding network traffic is a plus
- Experience in threat and attack prevention environments is a plus
- Knowledge of the Italian language is a plus
- Willingness to travel and stay for periods of up to one week / 10 days in company offices in other countries, such as Italy, is required
- Willingness to adapt to flexible working hours in case of emergency situations is required