Reports to (Job Title):
To collaborate to the LFR design activities, focusing on safety and licensing aspects
- Assure the proper implementation of nuclear licensing and safety aspects in studies/projects in conformity with IAEA safety standard and local regulations
- Establishment and management of safety classification of structures, systems and components in conformity with the IAEA standards.
- Identification of PIE’s (postulated initiating events) and definition of the safety cases with their classification in DBA’s (design basis accidents) and BDA (Beyond design basis accidents).
- Support in the “practical elimination” of scenarios
- Support in the definition of the R&D program
- Study by numerical simulation of the safety cases for compliance with the safety constraints, with the support of the others newcleo’s services.
- Establishment of safety documents such as PSAR and FSAR (preliminary and final safety assessment report).
Key Perfomance Indicators
Timely management of key deliverables and tasks respecting deadlines with high quality output
MSc in Engineering, with focus on Nuclear Technologies. PhD is a plus.
Fluent English. Fluent French will be a very appreciated plus
Experience / Professional requirements
- 5+ years of experience in nuclear safety in relevant industrial companies and/or research institutions dealing with power generation projects
- Experience in the preparation of documents for safety authorities
- Familiarity with accident studies (DBC/DEC)
- Familiarity with safety requirements definition, especially for fluid systems.