Head of Commercial, UK Operations
As the first senior procurement/ commercial management professional in the UK business, you will help establish best practices in procurement and commercial management from the outset. Initially reporting directly to the Project Director, UK Operations, you will establish fit-for-purpose arrangements in line with newcleo Policies and lead all day-to-day procurement and commercial management activities in support of project development activities. As the team grows the role will transition to a dedicated senior procurement or commercial management role, working under a UK Head of Commercial (of course, the right candidate might also develop into his role). The role provides significant opportunity to shape the commercial direction of newcleo’s UK projects as part of an exciting and rapidly growing business.
- Setup and establish proportionate arrangements for procurement and contract management for newcleo in the UK based on delivering best practice/ value for money whilst recognising early stage commercial risk and the need to remain agile and move quickly.
- Manage procurement activities in the UK on behalf of the project and provide support to group wide procurement activities as may be required.
- Provide commercial management support, advice and assistance to the UK project delivery team ensuring contracts deliver expected outcomes and commercial risks are managed and mitigated.
- Manage contract cost reports and data ensuring integration with emerging project controls and company enterprise resource planning systems.
- Monitor supply chain relationships and performance.
- Significant experience of delivering and adding value in a similar commercial and procurement role, ideally in the nuclear or conventional power industry, and with strong experience across corporate, professional services and major project procurement (i.e. engineering, equipment procurement and construction).
- Working knowledge of industry standard form contracts including NEC4 but also with experience of creating bespoke commercial agreements and partnerships.
- Able to think strategically in determining appropriate commercial strategies and contract arrangements to incentivise strong performance and long lasting relationships.
- Exceptional commercial negotiation skills and comfortable working in an entrepreneurial environment
- Experience of developing arrangements from scratch.
- Confident working alone as well as part of a team; Collaborative.
- Willing to consider new and innovative approaches; Solution focussed whilst able to constructively challenge.
- Qualified to degree level in an appropriate subject or a suitable vocational qualification (HND or equivalent) and relevant professional experience. MCIPS or equivalent.