Project Controls Manager, UK Operations
The role will lead project scheduling activities across newcleo’s UK projects. The post holder will work initially to develop a robust development/ implementation schedule for the 30MWe prototype reactor and subsequently manage progress against the baseline in collaboration with activity owners, the project leadership team, suppliers and in close cooperation with group programme management teams. The post holder will also lead on reviewing/ challenging supplier schedules and incorporating key dates/ activities/ progress into newcleo’s project schedules. Monthly milestone reports and schedule indicators will be produced and incorporated into management and board reports.
- Lead project planning and scheduling activities for newcleo’s UK projects, including preparation of baseline schedules for development/ implementation phase and managing progress against agreed baselines/ key milestones.
- Create and maintain project Work Breakdown Structure and overall activity plan/ dependencies.
- Maintain overall plan in newcleo’s chosen planning tool (likely to be P6 but initially MSP).
- Generate and communicate high quality project performance data (schedule, resource and integration with cost) to support overall project management, strategic decision making and risk/ issue management.
- Perform schedule risk analysis/ critical path analysis and earned value analysis as required.
- Identify critical milestones and interfaces and work with other project team members to ensure these are well defined and tracked.
- Implement appropriate and proportionate baseline management and change control.
- Work closely with group programme management office to ensure quality of information and data exchange, clarity of interfaces and continuous improvement of processes and systems.
- Work collaboratively as part of a small agile project controls team to ensure proportionate but best practice project management and control of UK projects.
- Relevant experience leading a planning team/ function and working in large complex projects in a planning/ schedule management capacity, ideally with prior experience in the nuclear industry and/or of power construction projects.
- Experience of carrying out schedule risk analysts and implementing systems for earned value analysis. Experience of integrating cost and schedule.
- Good commercial awareness and broad project management/ controls capabilities.
- Highly skilled with P6, MS Project and MS Office suite of tools.
- Attention to detail but with and an ability to simplify data for presentation to a wide range of audiences.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal. Capable of influencing people at all levels.
- Creates credibility with internal stakeholders, able to build confidence and influence effectively.
- Collaborative, works well as part of a diverse team.
- Combination of academic qualificiation and appropriate professional experience; Evidence of continuous professional development and career progression. Professional affiliation preferrable.