Reports to (Job Title):
Head of Power Generation System
To collaborate to the Lead Fast Reactor (LFR) design activities for balance of plant, focusing on design aspects of steam / condensate cycle, utilities, and water treatment.
- Perform process engineering in all project phase.
- Carry out feasibility studies, conceptual design, basic and front-end design, detail engineering and design
- Develop internal standards and specific design criteria for process engineering.
- Optimize of process configuration for balance of power plant
- Develop process design interfacing the nuclear island team
- Define the specifications of the items of balance of plant
- Performs process simulations, process descriptions, heat and material balances, P&IDS, data sheets
- Prepare cause and effects, control logic and control descriptions
- Prepare Process Specification for Mechanical Packages and vendor print review
- Define protection criteria and sizes protective devices such as pressure release valves and depressurization devices
- Participate to Hazop, Safety reviews and implement safety requirements in design
- Coordinate, plan and supervise the work
- Collaborate to the identification of breakthrough solutions to the most complex mechanical challenges
- Write and review design criteria and analysis assessment reports
- Develop testing processes, and perform testing and validation of new designs
- Define procedure for commissioning, start-up and operation of systems included in balance of plant.
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary engineering teams.
- Coordinate assigned work with other technical personnel as directed.
- Participates in and fosters a work environment that is based upon openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
Key Performance Indicators
Timely management of key deliverables and tasks respecting deadlines with high quality output.
Degree in Nuclear, Chemical or Energy Engineering, Master or PhD is a plus
Fluent Italian and English
Experience / Professional requirements
- 3-5 years’ experience in process design of industrial, steam or power plants.
- Use of simulators such as Flownex, Hysys, Pro-II.
- Knowledge of engineering cycle for development of feasibility, basic design, FEED, detailed engineering, commissioning, and start-up.
- Good knowledge of design and analysis principles for large or complex systems.
- Understanding of analytical techniques and relevant design codes.
- Ability to participate in team meetings and give technical presentations.