Reports to (Job Title):
Head of Power Generation System
To collaborate to the Lead Fast Reactor (LFR) design activities for balance of plant, focusing on design aspects related to piping and steel structures and supporting of steam / condensate cycle, utilities and water treatment.
- Perform piping engineering in all project phase for balance of plant.
- Carry out feasibility studies, conceptual design, basic and front-end design, detail engineering and design
- Develop internal standards and specific design criteria for piping engineering.
- Optimize of process configuration for piping, supporting structures and routing for balance of power plant.
- Develop piping design interfacing the nuclear island team.
- Prepare plant layout, piping and equipment layout, prepare piping classes, material selection.
- Prepare piping specifications for packages.
- Participate to P&IDS and data sheets development.
- Perform stress analysis of pipes.
- Carry out definition and verification of piping supports.
- Prepare 3D model, isometrics, MTO, piping material requisitions.
- Participate to 3D model reviews, layout reviews, design reviews and technical meetings.
- Preparation of technical specification, datasheet, technical queries, technical bids.
- Coordinate, plan and supervise the work of junior piping engineers.
- Collaborate to the identification of breakthrough solutions to the most complex piping challenges.
- Write and review design criteria and analysis assessment reports.
- Develop testing processes, and perform testing and validation of new designs.
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary engineering teams.
- Participates in and fosters a work environment that is based upon openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
Key Performance Indicators
Timely management of key deliverables and tasks respecting deadlines with high quality output.
Degree in Mechanical Engineering / Master or PhD is a plus
Fluent Italian and English
Experience / Professional requirements
- 3-5 years’ experience in piping design of industrial plants. Experience in power or nuclear plants’ balance of plant is a plus
- Use of CAD, 3D models and structural analysis codes.
- Knowledge of engineering cycle for development of feasibility, basic design, FEED, detailed engineering, commissioning and start-up
- Good knowledge of design and analysis principles for large or complex systems
- Understanding of analytical techniques and relevant design codes
- Ability to participate in team meetings and give technical presentations