We are looking for a Mechanical Drafter who will collaborate to the Lead Fast Reactor (LFR) design activities and experimental facilities, focusing-on drafting schemes, drawings, plans and layouts of equipment for pressure-retaining and special/bespoke components with particular reference, but not limited to, operation in molten lead.
- Ensure the execution of design models and drawings in accordance with best drafting practices.
- Make preliminary or detailed technical design studies using a 3D computer-aided design (CAD) system
- Develop the 3D model and 2D drawings of pressure equipment and bespoke mechanical components/mechanism, from basic design up to detail drawing.
- Have daily contacts with the Designers/Engineers to support the design of the components design
- Contribute to the 3D model interfaces within a BIM context and PLM system.
- Perform basic sizing of structural elements, based on information available from catalogues, manuals etc. where necessary.
- Contribute to the purchasing technical documentation for component supply.
- Higher technical diploma in the field of mechanics or electro-mechanics or a related field; BSc degree is an asset
- Working knowledge of the English language is a must.
- Knowledge and practice related to 2D tools (AutoCAD mandatory) and execution of 2D drawings
- Knowledge and practice related to 3D tools (Solidworks mandatory) and execution of 3D model
- BIM specialist qualification would be an advantage
- Demonstrated competence in use of Document Management tools.
- Basic awareness of industry or regulatory standards and design criteria pertinent to the engineering discipline.
- Knowledge of engineering cycle for development of feasibility, basic design, FEED, detailed engineering, commissioning and start-up
- Participates in and fosters a work environment that is based upon openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
- Knowledge of QA systems principles and practice.
- 3- 5 years’ experience in an Engineering Unit at any industrial mechanical design company or at any mechanical workshop in one or more of the following fields: mechanical components design and manufacturing; manufacturing and assembly of large mechanical components / equipment; design components/mechanism for industrial applications