Reports to (Job Title):
Chief Information Officer
The GIS Specialist is responsible for creating, designing and implmenting newcleo’s Geographical Information System (GIS) capability and providing GIS services to newcleo’s regional businesses. The GIS capability will be an important repository for all or newcleo’s site specific data and records, including but not limited to site layouts/overlays, utility locations, seismic hazard assessment. It will also form part of newcleo’s digital twin.
- Obtain a deep understanding of relevant business area(s) to be able to recommend solutions and build high-quality GIS services.
- Collect and process geospatial data using various tools and techniques.
- Create and maintain geospatial databases and digital maps.
- Analyse and interpret geospatial data to identify trends and patterns
- Develop and implement GIS-based services from data capture to data presentation.
- Provide GIS support and training to other members of the organisation.
- Collaborate with other teams and departments to ensure the accuracy and integrity of geospatial data. Close collaboration will be required with regional projects and also the BIM team.
- Create artifacts as appropriate to ensure that the GIS capability is documented and that accurate records are maintained as required.
Experience / Professional requirements
- Strong knowledge of GIS software such as ArcGIS, QGIS, and Esri
- Experience with geospatial data analysis and modelling
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience of Data Management, and data capture
- Awareness of Data Science workflows
- Experience determining the explicit and implicit needs and requirements of various stakeholders.
- Ability to quickly learn the objectives, structures, operations and policies of a new business area.
- Strong problem resolution, negotiation, and influencing skills.
- Proven interpersonal skills and an ability to influence senior leaders and peers.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex technical information in a condensed manner to various stakeholders verbally and in writing.
- Adaptability and a willingness to learn new skills.
- Experience with agile development methodologies and agile planning tools such as Jira.
- Background in complex, highly regulated industries is preferred.
- Background of working in international teams is preferred.