This is a role within the newcleo’s communications team, reporting to the Chief Communications Officer (CCO) and based in London. The role holder will work very closely with other colleagues of varying seniority levels based in the UK and elsewhere, as required; in addition they will coordinate with external consultants that may be involved in the project.
The successful candidate will have strong knowledge of general global ESG sustainability initiatives and reporting frameworks, including the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB), the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), the Task Force on Climate-Related Financial Disclosures(TCFD), and frameworks the WEF Stakeholder Capitalism Metrics (SCM), the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), and the UN Global Compact.
Knowledge of the cross-industry measurement reporting and verification requirements (MRV), and life cycle assessment (LCA) among others will be important too.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the initial development of newcleo’s ESG strategy, and in particular for the planning, implementation and management of the ESG activities the company will implement over time.
S(H)e will be responsible of the design and roll out of newcleo’s first materiality assessment with support and approval from the CCO, COO and CFO, in order to rapidly execute it and deliver its results to the Board of Directors.
S(H)e will help develop and implement ESG and sustainability policies and procedures, define roles and responsibilities for them as required, and implement performance metrics and performance monitoring processes to address ESG related issues.
S(H)e will be ensuring global best practice is considered across all ESG work and that newcleo sets itself up as a strong example of intrinsic ESG compliance from early on its company history.
S(H)e will support the preparation of any ESG-related Board materials and reports, as well as support the communications narrative and content for the company’s ESG activities.
- Contribute to the creation of newcleo’s ESG strategy in line with the company’s publicly stated objectives, its ambitious pathway to IPO and its best practice aspirations
- Design and implement the first materiality assessment for the company and carry it out over agreed timeframes
- Ensure the assessment result are clear, relevant and implementable, and that they well presented to the Executive team for their review and approval
- Set up newcleo’s Sustainability/ESG reporting approach, including preparing, reviewing or advising on ESG reporting requirements.
- Support the CCO and COO in agreeing the ESG approach, the measuring, monitoring and reporting recommendations to be shared with the Board of Directors for their review and approval.
- Deploy a solid understanding of approach management, framework and execution in relation to sustainability strategy; climate risk modelling and management; sustainable green energy, in order to build a successful and impactful ESG plan.
- Analyse strategic, operational, risk and financial implications of sustainability trends and translate these into recommendations with strong reputational and value-generation impact.
- Degree level educational background – A bachelor’s degree in ESG, Climate, Environmental Science, Sustainability would be particularly beneficial
- An understanding of the energy industry, nuclear in particular would be a bonus
- Fluent English, additional languages desirable
- Previous ESG work experience, ideally 3 or 4 years preferably in a consultancy or in a fast-developing international organisation
- Experience in ESG reporting within a international company, and/or ESG reporting advisory experience for a consulting practice , and of overall regulatory initiatives e.g., TCFD, GRI, SCM etc
- Demonstrable experience of managing workload and timelines effectively to deliver high quality work to tight deadlines
- Excellent communicator in written and verbal form, especially ability to prepare reports,
- Detail-oriented, hands on and able to take initiative when required
- High level of integrity, trust and transparency
- Good emotional intelligence and team work orientation
- An attitude of curiosity, desire to learn and open mindedness