Reports to (Job Title):
Chief Information Officer
The Enterprise Architect and Information and Communication Technology Design Authority (ICT DA) role is a senior position within newcleo and is the owner of the company’s enterprise architecture development and the ICT DA. The role of the Enterprise Architect is to ensure that there is a clear mapping of global business capabilities needed over different time periods and that the appropriate programmes are in place to deliver those capabilities on time. The additional responsibility of the ICT DA is to provide assurance that appropriate architecture and design controls, standards, policies and procedures are in place and are effective, that the risks are identified, understood and managed and all key design decisions are undertaken by competent persons..
- Own the Strategic Vision for newcleo’s global corporate IT estate and reflect this through a set of Enterprise Architectures as well as responding to local regional demands.
- Manage the overall set of Requirements relating to Digital initiatives within newcleo.
- Manage the formation of Standards, Policies and Guidance to support delivery across the business.
- Propose new interventions, and be part of the approvals process for global/ strategic IT investments.
- Reviewing maturity of high-level designs and implementations to ensure quality, coherence and consistency.
- Deliver standards & patterns, controls on how the organisation would like to deploy services in a standard & repeatable way.
- Help resolve competing priorities between stakeholder groups by facilitating stakeholder discussions, and escalate issues where appropriate.
- Ensuring simplicity is designed into our future growth in systems architecture design.
- Support and steer delivery teams as they develop, test, and deploy solutions.
- Work with suppliers to supplement the team with required expertise through an Architecture as a Service model.
- Develop and run of procedure to ensure that global ICT decisions within newcleo meet design controls and standards, where delivery may sit outside of the IT function.
- Matrix manage a team of Technical Authorities to ensure that all of newcleo’s ICT investments are assured to be fit for purpose.
Experience / Professional requirements
- The candidate must have proven experience and able to work independently.
- Ability to effectively communicate, present and articulate strategies across various audiences especially with non-technical business functions
- Strong drive to get things done in a complex and changing environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
- Understanding and knowledge of system development life cycle methodologies (such as agile software development, rapid prototyping, incremental, synchronize and stabilize, and DevOps)
- Ability to estimate the financial impact of technology alternatives in terms of benefit and cost
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of existing, new and emerging technologies that enable and drive new business designs and models
- Background in complex, highly regulated industries is preferred.
- Background of working in international teams is preferred.