Reports to (Job Title):
Head of Power Generation System
To collaborate to the Lead Fast Reactor (LFR) design activities focusing on design aspects related to control, instrumentation and automation activities of experimental facilities, steam / condensate cycle, utilities and water treatment.
- Perform control, instrumentation, and automation engineering in all project phase.
- Carry out feasibility studies, conceptual design, basic and front-end design, detail engineering and design.
- Develop internal standards and specific design criteria for control, instrumentation, and automation.
- Perform control valve, flow element and thermowell sizing calculations and basic preliminary analyses.
- Preparation of instrumentation specification for packages.
- Development of specifications, material requisitions and of instruments, analyzer systems, fiscal metering, and machine monitoring systems.
- Developing or reviews discipline material quantity estimates.
- Preparation of complex loop control narratives, cause and effect matrix and logic narratives.
- Development of I/O data base for DCS, PLC, SIS, F&G and packages.
- Preparation of Instrument Index, Data Sheet, Wiring and Loop Diagrams, Loop Folders, Instrumentation Calculations.
- Preparation of Technical Specification, Datasheet, Technical queries, Technical Bid, Analysis (TBA) of the various Supplier’s offers for various instruments like: Transmitters, Temperature Elements, Mass flow meters, etc.
- Preparation of Level Sketches and Cable Block Diagrams
- Preparation of Instrument Installation Details, Bulk Material Take off and assist designers in Modelling of instruments, junction boxes and allocation of remote I/O’s and cross wiring.
- Participation in 3D Model Review Sessions, Hazop and SIL/LOPA Reviews.
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary engineering teams.
- Coordinates assigned work with other technical personnel as directed.
- Participates in and fosters a work environment that is based upon openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
Key Performance Indicators
Timely management of key deliverables and tasks respecting deadlines with high quality output.
Degree in Electrical or Electronic Engineering / Master or PhD is a plus
Fluent Italian and English
Experience / Professional requirements
- 5 years’ experience in Control and Instrumentation design of industrial plants. Experience in power or nuclear plants’ balance of plant is a plus
- Thorough knowledge of discipline engineering techniques, the design of engineered systems, and engineering and design calculations.
- Understanding of industry regulatory codes and standards and design criteria pertinent to the engineering discipline.
- Job knowledge of various types of field Instrumentation, DCS, PLC.
- Design experience or Basic knowledge of DCS / PLC and SCADA Networks, Fiber optic and CAT 6.
- Basic awareness industry standards Application Programs such as SPI, Smart Plant, Flowel.
- Basic awareness of industry or regulatory standards and design criteria pertinent to the engineering discipline.
- Knowledge of engineering cycle for development of feasibility, basic design, FEED, detailed engineering, commissioning and start-up
- Good knowledge of design and analysis principles for large or complex systems