This is a role within the newcleo’s communications team, reporting to Head of Communications (located in Turin) and on occasions working closely the Chief Communication Officer (CCO) based in London. The role holder will work very closely with the Head of Communications and Scientific Communications Manager, who are based in Turin, as well as with external agencies that support us in different aspects of our communications.
The successful candidate will be responsible for management and development of activity on core social media channels with the aim of increasing brand awareness and company reputation, building audience, driving engagement, ultimately ensuring high levels of audience engagement and supporting web traffic.
S(He) will help develop and maintain a digital media strategy, including defining KPIs, managing online measurement tools and creating dashboards for reporting to the Executive team.
S(He) will be responsible for creating original text, visual and video content, managing posts and defining how and when to engage with followers.
S(He) will manage our company image in a cohesive way to achieve our business goals, and s(he) be able to express our company’s views correctly and creatively.
S(He) will work closely with the CCO and Head of Communications to create corporate content to be used on our company’s social media channels and website to increase brand awareness and company reputation.
(S)He will work closely with the Scientific Communications Manager and the Scientific team to create divulgative scientific content to be used on our company’s social media channels and website in response to news or proactively to further our reputation and the positive perception of our project among the public.
(S)He will work closely with the Head of Communications and Human Resources team to create employer branding content for our social media channels and website, to
support our company’s recruiting and retention efforts.
S(he) will help develop and mantain a social media policy and social media guidelines, in order to help support the development of social media competencies and understanding across the wider business.
We expect the successful candidate to be up-to-date with the latest digital technologies and social media trends.
The successful candidate will need to develop internal relationships that are strong, credible and trustworthy and demonstrate a proactive mindset with a combination of rigour and creativity and also an appreciation of modern communications styles.
- Design and implement social media strategy to align with business goals
- Set specific objectives and report on ROI
- Define target audiences and develop and implement specific campaigns to develop brand awareness and company reputation
- Perform research on competition and benchmark our social media and online performance
- Generate, edit, publish and share engaging content daily (e.g. original text, photos, videos and news)
- Monitor SEO and web traffic metrics
- Collaborate with other teams, like HR and the Scientific team
- Define how and when to engage with followers in a timely manner
- Oversee social media accounts’ design and making sure they are always up to date with our brand (e.g. social media channels covers, profile pictures, )
- Suggest and implement new features to develop brand awareness and company reputation
- Manage and report on paid social, to improve performance
- Stay up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools and applications
- Degree level educational background – A bachelor’s degree in public relations, marketing, communication, or a related field would be particularly beneficial
- Fluent English, additional languages desirable especially Italian
- Proven work experience as Digital Communications Manager (at least 3/4 years’ work experience)
- Excellent communicator in written and verbal form
- Ability to deliver creative content (text, image and video)
- Good understanding of the trends and techniques of social media
- Good knowledge of SEO, keyword research and analytics
- Ability to repurpose content for multiple platforms
- Familiarity with web design
- Good awareness of modern communications styles and channels
- Analytical and multitasking skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- An understanding of the energy industry, nuclear in particular
- High level of integrity, trust and transparency
- Good emotional intelligence and team work orientation
- Detail-oriented, hands on and able to take initiative when required