This is a role within the newcleo’s communications team, reporting to the Head of Communications and based in Turin.
The role holder will work very closely with the Head of Communications and Scientific Communications Manager who are based in Turin. S(He) will also support the CCO who is based in London and will work with and follow the vision, strategy and creative direction of the external Lead Graphic Designer, who is based in Turin.
The successful candidate will be responsible for continuously maintaining the company’s brand aesthetics, internally and externally.
This includes reviewing, updating, and maintaining the company’s visual representation in all aspects of design including typography, color palette, graphic approach and photographic approach.
S(He) will provide overall graphic design support to the Communications function, ensuring brand assets are always aligned with the brand narrative and company culture.
S(He) will be responsible for the creation, implementation and distribution of visual assets for all company’s channels (presentations, social media, intranet, external newsletters, website, events, conferences, etc.)
S(He) will be responsible for the implementation of the company’s brand book, working closely with the external Lead Graphic Designer to make sure the company’s brand is always up to date and aligned with the company’s mission and vision.
S(He) will create PowerPoint company presentations, and support all internal stakeholders in the creation and revision of specific presentations for events, meetings, conferences, workshops, etc.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Scientific Communications Manager on the development of a library of presentations based on relevant scientific reports and on the adaptation of scientific designs for marketing purposes.
S(He) will make sure all assets created are carefully organized and archived in our SharePoint folders, to ensure their easy and efficient repurposing for multiple platforms and different occasions.
The successful candidate will be a creative and innovative thinker who strives for design excellence. S(He) will also seek to have a broader role supporting the development of our communication platforms, including the intranet and website’s WordPress back-ends.
The successful candidate will need to develop internal relationships that are strong, credible and trustworthy and demonstrate a proactive mindset with a combination of rigour and creativity and also an appreciation of modern communications styles.
- Create and design visually appealing modern digital and print assets in accordance with the company’s brand and style guidelines
- Implement and distribute digital assets on campany’s channels
- Ensure design work is precise, accurate, and adheres to the company’s brand guidelines
- Work closely with the Digital Communications Manager to create visual assets for our social media channels and website
- Work closely with the Head of Communications to create visual assets for our intranet and newsletter
- Create and support with PowerPoint presentations
- Provide creative support for other projects and assignments on an ad-hoc basis
- Maintain and evolve current design of communication materials
- Create and maintain company’s templates
- Manage the SharePoint system for storage, retrieval, and archiving of communications materials
- Support on creation of graphic assetts for our intranet and website
- Support on update and upload of content through our intranet and website WordPress back-ends
- Support photographers during events to create a database of company and team’s photos
- Assist with video creation and production for company videos, executive videos, employee testimonial videos, etc.
- Exhibits flexibility to accommodate emerging opportunities in the business
- Follow creative design technologies and trends.
- Degree level educational background – Bachelor’s and Associate Degree in Graphic Design, Design, Communications
- 1/2 years experience in Graphic & Web Designer role
- Knowledge of Suite Adobe (Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign)
- Basic knowledge of WordPress and Elementor (or other Visual Builders)
- Proficient in PowerPoint and Office
- Expert knowledge of typography and grid systems
- Fluent Italian and English
- Good awareness of modern communications styles and channels
- Analytical and multitasking skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- High level of integrity, trust and transparency
- Good emotional intelligence and team work orientation
- Detail-oriented, hands on and able to take initiative when required
Please note that applications without a portfolio will not be considered
- Basic knowledge of UI and UX Design
- Knowledge of video editing and motion design software (Premiere, After Effects)
- Basic knowledge of MailChimp