Reports to (Job Title):
Head of Power Generation System
To collaborate to the Lead Fast Reactor (LFR) design activities focusing on design aspects related to control, instrumentation and automation activities of experimental facilities, steam / condensate cycle, utilities and water treatment.
- Perform automation engineering in all project phase.
- Carry out feasibility studies, conceptual design, basic and front-end design, detail engineering and design.
- Develop internal standards and specific design criteria for automation.
- Perform engineering of PLC, DCS and control system.
- Preparation of automation specification for packages.
- Development of specifications, material requisitions of PLC, DCS and control systems.
- Prepare specification for and attend FAT of the automation and control equipment.
- Implementation of complex loop control narratives, cause and effect matrix and logic narratives.
- Participate to the development of I/O data base for DCS, PLC, SIS, F&G and packages.
- Preparation of Technical Specification, Datasheet, Technical queries, Technical Bid, Analysis (TBA) of the various Supplier’s offers for PLC, DCS and automation systems.
- Participation to DCS and PLC programming.
- Participation in 3D Model Review Sessions, Hazop and SIL/LOPA Reviews as required.
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary engineering teams.
- Participates in and fosters a work environment that is based upon openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
Key Perfomance Indicators
Timely management of key deliverables and tasks respecting deadlines with high quality output.
Degree in Electrical or Electronic / Master or PhD is a plus
Fluent Italian and English
Experience / Professional requirements
- 3 years’ experience in automation design of DCS and PLC of industrial plants. Experience in power or nuclear plants’ balance of plant is a plus
- Thorough knowledge of discipline engineering techniques, the design of engineered systems, and engineering and design calculations.
- Understanding of industry regulatory codes and standards and design criteria pertinent to the engineering discipline.
- Job knowledge of various types of field Instrumentation, DCS, PLC.
- Design experience or Basic knowledge of DCS / PLC and SCADA Networks, Fiber optic and CAT 6.
- Basic awareness industry standards application programs.
- Basic awareness of industry or regulatory standards and design criteria pertinent to the engineering discipline.
- Knowledge of engineering cycle for development of feasibility, basic design, FEED, detailed engineering, commissioning and start-up
- Good knowledge of design and analysis principles for large or complex systems